Martha Cass is the senior director of Global Communications for PayPal. She likes to call herself the company’s “corporate storyteller.” She graduated with a history degree and with zero plans on how to start her career. Initially wanting a job in journalism, she ended up in public relations, then found herself as a stay-at-home mom, and back to the corporate world.
Martha joins me today to share how she handled the transitions she made from being a hands-on, stay-at-home mom for eight years to working back in the corporate world. She explains why fun is a compelling career strategy and how vital your primary relationships are in the advancement of your career. She also shares some practical advice on creating opportunities for seats to open up at the table of your organization instead of passively waiting for one.
“Expressing a risky thought or a half-baked idea is sometimes the best thing you can do to move things forward.” – Martha Cass
Today on the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast:
- Martha’s responsibilities as the company’s corporate “storyteller”
- Top three strategies that allow her to have a big impact locally and remotely
- The effects of being “fun” in your career
- Pivoting from a tech PR to head PR to founding her consulting company
- Three strategies she used to make the business a success while being a hands-on mom
- Looking at careers as a playground than a straight path
- The challenge of feeling comfortable with seeking help from others
- Essential things to teach your child as a working parent
- What would happen if perfection is your goal
- Why her husband and John Rainey inspire her
- Martha’s top three success factors
- The one quality she looks for when finding people to join her team
Martha’s Advice for Fierce Feminine Leaders:
- Try to say “yes” as much as possible and figure out how to do it as you go along.
- Never dismiss any person as not important to your network.
- Invest in people and build a great team.
- Never stop learning so you can maintain your place at the table as you change and grow with the company.
- Be authentic to who you are.
Have the Millionaire Mindset!
Are you ready to break the glass ceiling in your corporate career or business? Register to join the 7-Figure Mindset Masterclass, our last masterclass before the year ends! Learn the mindset of successful, fierce women. Discover what separates them from the dreamers and learn strategies you can adapt for the growth of your career and business. Hurry and Visit EleanorBeaton.com/7FigureMindset to claim a spot today.
Dial Up Your Impact, Influence, and Income in 2017
Are you ready to take your leadership and influence to the next level in 2018? Join the Impact & Influence Leadership Lab for Women with Eleanor Beaton – the world’s premier leadership training and implementation program designed specifically for female leaders! This is an 8-week mentoring program for professional, ambitious women in business who are ready to take their leadership skills to the next level and truly step into their power. Visit the Leadership Lab for Women website to see all of the amazing content, tools, and services you will receive by registering today to claim your seat at the table!
Love the show? Let us know!
Are you a fan of the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast? If the tips and interviews we share in each episode have helped you gain the confidence and inspiration to become a better, more powerful leader, head on over to iTunes, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review to let us know! Each month, one lucky podcast reviewer will be selected to receive a free coaching session with me – Eleanor Beaton!
What are you waiting for? Head on over to iTunes, subscribe and leave a review to enter your name into this month’s drawing!
And, if you really want to ramp up your fierceness…
Reach out to us for a free 30-minute Bold Women in Business Makeover Session with me or one of the fabulous coaches on my team!
Explore your path and discover how you can be the fiercest lady-boss possible. Visit EleanorBeaton.com/Discover.