Have you ever found yourself saying “This shouldn’t be this difficult?” Have you ever caught yourself feeling frustrated while trying to make an important decision or find a solution to a problem?
One of the most exciting things I experience as a coach while working with clients who are fierce, high-performing feminine leaders is that each month I can almost always spot a trend. This month’s trend with many of my clients have been that these fierce, strong, capable women are experiencing a phenomena called “Limiting Thought.”
So, today on the show, I want to share a story with you. A story about something that happened to me not too long ago that made me realize that I, too, was experiencing the ‘limiting thought’ phenomena. I’m going to share with you what I did to overcome it, and why it is so important that you connect with your own inner tough love mentor during times when you are experiencing the limiting thought phenomena.
Here’s a Breakdown of Today’s Show:
- The phenomena called “limiting thought” is a specific belief or belief system that blinds you – paralyzes you – to what is actually possible. It makes you believe a false sense of reality.
- Our beliefs are by far the greatest limitations we face.
- Hard things often fool us into believing that you no longer want what you said you wanted.
- Don’t live the lie that you don’t want something just because it’s hard. Doing hard things builds character, gives you experience that others don’t have. If you want something – give it your best effort. You can do hard things.
My Challenge to You:
- Think about a time in your life when there was something that you really wanted, but you pushed it off because it was hard.
- Clearly identify what it is that you want and determine why you want it.
- Find your inner Shaniqua – do what it is you really want to do, regardless of fear or limiting thought.
Love the show? Let us know!
Are you a fan of the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast? If the tips and interviews we share in each episode have helped you gain the confidence and inspiration to become a better, more powerful leader, head on over to iTunes, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review to let us know!
Each month, one lucky podcast reviewer will be selected to receive a free coaching session with me – Eleanor Beaton!
What are you waiting for? Head on over to iTunes, subscribe and leave your review to enter your name into this month’s contest!