What are the three most powerful skills a female leader in business needs to succeed in a highly competitive, male-dominant industry? Ulrike Bahr-Gedalia is a powerhouse female STEM leader and the President and CEO of the organization, Digital Nova Scotia – a nonprofit organization that helps develop digital technology throughout the Canadian region. Her organization is making some serious waves in their growth and impact on the digital economy as well as profiling and supporting women in the digital sector.
Ulrike’s career spans 5 geographic regions and she’s a multi-lingual, award-winning entrepreneur who has been named one of Canada’s Most Powerful Women for two consecutive years, a WCT Wave Maker, a Top 50 CEO by the Atlantic Business Magazine, as well as one of the 40 Top Change Makers in Canada by Canadian Living. She has also received the esteemed Progress Women’s Excellent Award.
Ulrike has over 20 years of global experience in the information and communications technology industry and on today’s episode, she shares her story of how she went from a background in artistry to one of the most successful female leaders in the digital technology industries. She also shares the top three most powerful skills she believes every female leader needs to truly succeed in business, in life, in order to shatter the glass ceiling, overcome gender bias, and pave the way for true gender equality and diversity.
“Entrepreneurship is an attitude and a mindset.” – Ulrike Bahr-Gedalia
Today on the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast:
- The three key elements of successful female leaders
- Having a natural tendency to confront and conquer challenges
- Assessing yourself – honestly and frequently – and the impact it can have on you as a leader
- Handling feedback
- Reframing big challenges as opportunities
- Overcoming gender bias
Ulrike’s Advice to Fierce Feminine Leaders:
- If you see something that you feel is too big for you – it might not be too big. Just go for it.
- Find your way. Always learn and interact with people to understand and ask questions.
- Don’t take things personally.
Ulrike’s Top 3 Success Tips to Emerging Feminine Leaders:
- Have a positive attitude.
- Be authentic. Be yourself.
- Be adaptable. Those that are most adaptable survive – not those that are most intelligent.
Connect with Ulrike Bahr-Gedalia:
- Digital Nova Scotia
- Digital Nova Scotia Events
- Digital Nova Scotia on Twitter
- Digital Nova Scotia on Facebook
- Digital Nova Scotia on LinkedIn
Love the show? Let us know!
Are you a fan of the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast? If the tips and interviews we share in each episode have helped you gain the confidence and inspiration to become a better, more powerful leader, head on over to iTunes, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review to let us know! Each month, one lucky podcast reviewer will be selected to receive a free coaching session with me – Eleanor Beaton!
What are you waiting for? Head on over to iTunes, subscribe and leave a review to enter your name into this month’s drawing!
And, if you really want to ramp up your fierceness…
Reach out to us for a free 30-minute Bold Women in Business Makeover Session with me or one of the fabulous coaches on my team!
Explore your path and discover how you can be the fiercest lady-boss possible. Visit EleanorBeaton.com/Discover.
A Special Thank You to Our Sponsors
This episode was made possible by our wonderful sponsors, BMO – Bank of Montreal – The Bank for Women.
Join the conversation at BMO for Women to gain the insight, knowledge, and support you need to succeed and to truly understand how to manage your money!