Speaking engagements are a powerful strategy that many women thought leaders use to help build their businesses and position themselves as the ‘go-to’ expert in their fields. Many women thought leaders have the internal compulsion to get up on stage, share their stories, ideas, insights, and message to a larger audience – but are unsure of how to make it happen. They become perfectionists, focusing on perfecting their full-length speeches before they’ve even landed a speaking gig, or they have the desire to speak but aren’t sure about what it takes to step onto that big stage.
In today’s episode, I want to share with you five insider secrets about speaking engagements that you will want to know before stepping foot on the stage floor.
5 Insider Secrets About Speaking Engagements
- The Business World Craves Women Speakers.
- Conference organizers are looking for women speakers.
- If you dream of speaking, make the internal commitment and just do it!
- Don’t Expect to Be A Highly Paid Speaker… At First.
- At first, you may need to accept free speaking gigs. Although you’re not getting paid to talk, you are getting something even more valuable: experience, reputation growth, and – potentially – new clients.
- Solve A Problem For Your Audience.
- Topics are boring. Solve a big problem for your audience.
- Find a unique angle. Tell some stories. Make sure your speech addresses a big problem that your audience is struggling with.
- Get Booked First.
- Land a speaking gig before creating your full-length speech. Work smarter, not harder.
- Create an overview, laden with benefits, then approach organizers about speaking at their event.
- Two great resources for finding speaking engagements:
- Meetup.com & Professional Associations.
- It’s All In The Title, Baby!
- Create a bold headline that focuses on the problem.
- Compelling headlines work every time.
If you want to learn more about how you can start using speaking engagements to grow your business, your reputation, your track record, and use it as a client attracting machine, send me an email at email@example.com. We’ll send you all the free resources to help you get on your way to becoming a powerhouse public speaker!
Love the show? Let us know!
Are you a fan of the Fierce Feminine Leadership podcast? If the tips and interviews we share in each episode have helped you gain the confidence and inspiration to become a better, more powerful leader, head on over to iTunes, subscribe to the show and leave an honest review to let us know!