Ambitious women in business, especially those in high-energy careers, often struggle through many obstacles and dilemmas. Probably one of the most common dilemma that high-achieving women face are those that are internalized – feeling as though you are “not up to snuff” in your career, despite having a glowing resume, awards, or fantastic recommendations. This dilemma is what I call “Ambitious Woman’s Dilemma, and it is the most common condition affecting ambitious, high-achieving women in business.
In today’s episode, I share with you 6 of the most common symptoms of Ambitious Woman’s Dilemma (AWD), and what you need to do to overcome this condition.
Here’s a Breakdown of Today’s Show:
- What is Ambitious Woman’s Dilemma?
- How common is AWD?
- Is there a way to “cure” the AWD condition – and if so, how?
- Why highly ambitious women begin feeling the effects of AWD?
What Is Ambitious Woman’s Dilemma?
AWD is a common condition among smart, ambitious women who want to make a difference in the world while genuinely being present for their families and being financially secure but tend to feel like their “not up to snuff” or should be further ahead in their career or personal life than they are currently.
“You know you have Ambitious Woman’s Dilemma if you feel like the rope in a real-life tug-o-war game.” – Eleanor Beaton
6 Common Symptoms of Ambitious Woman’s Dilemma
- You feel you are only as good as your last deal, sale, or project.
- You feel like you have to do things to be awesome and feel safe in the world.
- Your ratio of thinking about exercise and your health versus actually doing it is greater than 7 to 1
- You do not have any hobbies
- AWD sufferers do not have any hobbies because, at the end of the work day, they are too busy sleeping, eating, driving, cleaning, or feeding someone.
- You sometimes have the feeling that you have lost the sense of play and wonder, that the creative part of you is somehow “dying.”
- You can’t slow down.
- AWD sufferers often think, “Slow down? That’s what losers do!”
- You know you’re a confident person, but you don’t understand why you feel insecure at times.
- Understand the difference between confidence and worthiness.
“When you truly embrace your sense of inner worthiness, you begin to approach your work & your life with a rested edge.” – Eleanor Beaton
Subscribe to and Review the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast for a Chance to Win This Month’s Contest!
At the end of each month, one lucky reviewer will win a free private coaching session with me! Are you feeling lucky? Head on over to iTunes, subscribe to the show and leave your honest feedback to enter your name into the contest!