Maureen Murdock, the author of the best-selling book The Heroine’s Journey, is a psychotherapist in California while conducting memoir workshops abroad. She developed a course in memoir and myth at the Pacifica Graduate Institute in Santa Barbara where she used to be the Chair and a faculty under the MA Counseling Psychology Program.
Maureen joins me today to share what The Heroine’s Journey is about and why women find the need to separate from their femininity to be successful. She also discusses some of the stages mentioned in her book using practical examples and why women need to learn to use their voices, especially in this masculine-oriented culture.
“We reinforce our feminine container by changing attitudes about ourselves as women.” – Maureen Murdock
Today on the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast:
- How The Heroine’s Journey came to be
- Defining the word “feminine”
- Defining and differentiating distorted masculinity from healthy masculinity
- Explaining the “separation from the feminine” stage
- Understanding the “urgent yearning to reconnect” stage
- Her inspiration for writing the book
- Defining archetypal masculinity and how it applies to women
Maureen’s Advice to Fierce Women:
- Stand your ground and do not be afraid to speak up.
Connect with Maureen Murdock:
- The Heroine’s Journey: Woman’s Quest for Wholeness Book by Maureen Murdock
Find Your Voice. Change Your World!
Join our 3-day leadership retreat: Your Million Dollar Message: Find Your Voice, Craft Your Strategy, Change the World to learn how your message can help you change the way you speak, lead, and run your business!
You will learn:
- Day 1: Where to Find the Speaking Gigs that will Explode Your Visibility
- Day 2: How to Craft an Expert Talk – and How to Tailor Your Expert Talk to Any Speaking Situation
- Day 3: How to Establish Yourself as the Preeminent Expert in your field
The Million Dollar Message Retreat: Find Your Voice, Craft Your Strategy, Change the World retreat starts November 10, 2017! There are only a few spots left so head over to YourMillionDollarMessageRetreat.com to claim your spot today!
Love the show? Let us know!
Are you a fan of the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast? If the tips and interviews we share in each episode have helped you gain the confidence and inspiration to become a better, more powerful leader, head on over to iTunes, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review to let us know! Each month, one lucky podcast reviewer will be selected to receive a free coaching session with me – Eleanor Beaton!
What are you waiting for? Head on over to iTunes, subscribe and leave a review to enter your name into this month’s drawing!
And, if you really want to ramp up your fierceness…
Reach out to us for a free 30-minute Bold Women in Business Makeover Session with me or one of the fabulous coaches on my team!
Explore your path and discover how you can be the fiercest lady-boss possible. Visit EleanorBeaton.com/Discover.
Dial Up Your Impact, Influence, and Income in 2017
Are you ready to take your leadership and influence to the next level in 2018? Join the Impact & Influence Leadership Lab for Women with Eleanor Beaton – the world’s premier leadership training and implementation program designed specifically for female leaders! This is a 8-week mentoring program for professional, ambitious women in business who are ready to take their leadership skills to the next level and truly step into their power. Visit the Leadership Lab for Women website to see all of the amazing content, tools, and services you will receive by registering today to claim your seat at the table!
5 Ways Ambitious Career Women Give Their Power Away at Work Free Training
Are you ready to realize where your power leaks are and how to plug them? Join us for the 90-minute Free Master Class: 5 Ways Ambitious Career Women Give Their Power Away at Work!
You will learn…
- 5 surprising power leaks that derail the careers of highly ambitious female leaders
- How to tell if a lack of self-awareness is holding you back from opportunity and threatening your reputation
- Why so many professional women struggle to transform from being a do-er to being a leader
- Why the failure to change could keep you overlooked and underpaid
- Proven strategies to boost your confidence and personal power – even in the most competitive work environments and cultures