“Practice makes perfect.” We often hear parents say this to their children who are training in sports, learning a new skill, or taking lessons in the arts. We see the value of the process – patience, discipline, and hard work – that needs to be instilled in our children, but we fail to see that this same set of values also apply to us if we desire to be high-performers in our industry.
On this episode, I share what decades of research says about high-performers as well as why it is crucial to value the process and not just the results. I also discuss the different types of growth mindsets that tremendously impact not only the way you see processes and outcomes but also the way you see yourself and progress as a high-performing leader.
“High performers are made, not born.” – Eleanor Beaton
Today on the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast:
- What parents usually say to their children who are pursuing a new endeavor
- Walking the talk about instant gratification
- Examples of a fixed mindset approach to growth
- What I have consistently seen from high-working leaders
Fierce Leadership Quotes:
- “For many ambitious, goal-oriented adults, the idea of practice kind of floats right out of our heads.” – Eleanor Beaton
- “We sometimes think that we should be great at something right away. We think that we need to get results right away and we’re preaching to our kids about how instant gratification is wrong and bad, but we want instant gratification.” – Eleanor Beaton
- “Whatever you’re doing, whatever goals you’re going after – yes, set them, have them. But devote yourself to a love of the process, not an attachment to the results.” – Eleanor Beaton
Join the Exclusive Incubator Program!
Are you ready to build, leverage, and scale your business to the next level? Ready to maximize your leadership skills and grow your business to 7-figures and beyond? Join our Incubator Program – the 12-month high-octane program that blends leadership strategy, accountability, and business building support to help you propel your business to the next level and increase your earning power. Head over to EleanorBeaton.com to learn more about The Incubator Program and submit your application today!
Love the show? Let us know!
Are you a fan of the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast? If the tips and interviews we share in each episode have helped you gain the confidence and inspiration to become a better, more powerful leader, head on over to iTunes, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review to let us know! Each month, one lucky podcast reviewer will be selected to receive a free coaching session with me – Eleanor Beaton!
What are you waiting for? Head on over to iTunes, subscribe and leave a review to enter your name into this month’s drawing!