According to Ken Blanchard, “Feedback is the breakfast of champions.” While dealing with supportive and genuinely constructive feedback is productive, learning to deal with annoying feedback takes discipline and practice. Mastering the art of tuning out this negativity is what makes the difference between a runner-up and a champion.
On today’s episode, I want to share five strategies that will help you tune out annoying feedback. I talk about the criteria of an annoying feedback and how to cope with it so it won’t get in the way of your productivity or keep you from moving forward.
“Feedback is sometimes a reflection of the other person’s own worldview.”
Today on the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast:
- What feedback is and when it happens
- Kinds of feedback people give
- How to cope by asking questions before redirecting the conversation
- How to use a fun outlet to process your negative thoughts and emotions
- Why turn to your role models when being bombarded with negativity
- How to develop a ranting ritual
- The significance of discipline in handling counterproductive feedback
5 Steps to Tune Out Annoying Feedback:
- Smile. Say, “Interesting points.” Redirect the conversation.
- Choose a theme song or playlist.
- Cultivate friendships with other women who have a great “I don’t care what others think” attitude.
- Have a ranting ritual.
- Practice redirecting.
Find Your Voice. Change Your World!
Do you want to be a confident, influential leader that others highly look up to and promote in your industry? If you aspire to have your voice and your message heard as a respected influencer, do not miss this 3-day leadership retreat Your Million Dollar Message: Find Your Voice, Craft Your Strategy, Change the World that’s happening on March 23, 2018, in Phoenix, Arizona! Grab your tickets today by registering at YourMillionDollarMessageRetreat.com.
Love the show? Let us know!
Are you a fan of the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast? If the tips and interviews we share in each episode have helped you gain the confidence and inspiration to become a better, more powerful leader, head on over to iTunes, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review to let us know! Each month, one lucky podcast reviewer will be selected to receive a free coaching session with me – Eleanor Beaton!
What are you waiting for? Head on over to iTunes, subscribe and leave a review to enter your name into this month’s drawing!
And, if you really want to ramp up your fierceness…
Reach out to us for a free 30-minute Bold Women in Business Makeover Session with me or one of the fabulous coaches on my team!
Explore your path and discover how you can be the fiercest lady-boss possible. Visit EleanorBeaton.com/Discover.