Speaking engagements are a powerful strategy that many women thought leaders use to help build their businesses and position themselves as the ‘go-to’ expert in their fields. Many women thought leaders have the internal compulsion to get up on stage, share their stories, ideas, insights, and message to a larger audience – but are unsure of how to make it happen. They become perfectionists, focusing on perfecting their full-length speeches before they’ve even landed a speaking gig, or they have the desire to speak but aren’t sure about what it takes to step onto that big stage.
In today’s episode, I want to share with you five insider secrets about speaking engagements that you will want to know before stepping foot on the stage floor.
5 Insider Secrets About Speaking Engagements
- The Business World Craves Women Speakers.
- Conference organizers are looking for women speakers.
- If you dream of speaking, make the internal commitment and just do it!
- Don’t Expect to Be A Highly Paid Speaker… At First.
- At first, you may need to accept free speaking gigs. Although you’re not getting paid to talk, you are getting something even more valuable: experience, reputation growth, and – potentially – new clients.
- Solve A Problem For Your Audience.
- Topics are boring. Solve a big problem for your audience.
- Find a unique angle. Tell some stories. Make sure your speech addresses a big problem that your audience is struggling with.
- Get Booked First.
- Land a speaking gig before creating your full-length speech. Work smarter, not harder.
- Create an overview, laden with benefits, then approach organizers about speaking at their event.
- Two great resources for finding speaking engagements:
- Meetup.com & Professional Associations.
- It’s All In The Title, Baby!
- Create a bold headline that focuses on the problem.
- Compelling headlines work every time.
If you want to learn more about how you can start using speaking engagements to grow your business, your reputation, your track record, and use it as a client attracting machine, send me an email at email@example.com. We’ll send you all the free resources to help you get on your way to becoming a powerhouse public speaker!
Love the show? Let us know!
Are you a fan of the Fierce Feminine Leadership podcast? If the tips and interviews we share in each episode have helped you gain the confidence and inspiration to become a better, more powerful leader, head on over to iTunes, subscribe to the show and leave an honest review to let us know!
In today’s episode, I am joined by the fabulous Australian-based mentor, speaker, and the expert in Wellness Psychology and Human Potential, Suzi Petrozzi. Suzi has worked with thousands of high-achieving, successful women in business around the globe, helping them overcome obstacles and move past crossroads in their lives and careers that are often developed over emotional barriers. Suzi is the founder of an award-winning wellness center – Petrozzi Wellness Center – in Sydney, Australia, which she works alongside her husband, John. She has worked as a clinical psychologist for over 13 years, and this experience has driven her passion to help her clients on a more intimate level.
In our last episode of Fierce Feminine Leadership, We talked a little about emotional barriers, criticism, taking things personally, and self-awareness. Today, Suzi shares her expert knowledge and experiences while helping her high-achieving, successful clients and explains what you need to do to overcome your emotional obstacles, what questions you need to ask yourself to break down barriers and transform yourself and your career down the path of success.
“Investing in the dream will allow your business to flourish and grow.” – Suzi Petrozzi
Here’s a breakdown of today’s episode:
- What is the transformation Suzi is providing to her clients?
Who does she work with – and why?
- What lead Suzi to her current business and career?
- What is it about her clients that appeals to her so much to devote her career to this specific niche?
- What perfectionist tendency did she have to address personally to achieve such high success, both professionally and personally?
- What is “Triangle Awareness?”
- How does she combine the outward-facing speaking and coaching practice side of her business with the reality of running a multi-disciplinary wellness center?
- What was the most monumental turning point in her career that made her shift her focus and impacted her success?
- How big of an issue is stress and overwhelm for high-achieving women and how do you break the cycle?
- What does Suzi mean by “ideas and emotions need to be moved?”
- What have been the top three success factors for Suzi?
Suzi’s Words of Wisdom:
- Ask yourself: “What do I want?”
- Trust what comes up.
- Implement the tips – however small – that will lead you in the direction to achieve what you want.
- Mindsight by Dr. Daniel Siegel
- Molecule of Emotions by Candice Pert
- The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown
- Visit Suzi’s Website
Sign Up for Suzi Petrozzi’s Free 3-Day Training Course: The Empowered Woman Summit!
Are you feeling at a crossroad in your life, your business, your career? Maybe you have an idea that you think could lead to huge success, but you’re feeling mixed with doubt, worry, or fear? Or, perhaps you’re feeling unclear about your vision and what you want, but you know you want – and need – to make a change.
I encourage you to sign up for Suzi Petrozzi’s free 3-day training event, The Empowered Woman Summit. At the event, you will gain insight and wisdom from 20 highly successful, live speakers; learn successful strategies, tips, and tools to help you clarify your vision, what you want, and understand what you need to do to take charge of your dream and make it a reality.
The event is scheduled to begin on July 20 and last through the 22nd, and you will hear speakers from all around the world, including myself and Suzi, as well as Elizabeth Menzel, Saniel Bonder, Maria Keckler, and a host of other experts willing to help you transform your life, your business, and career into something more satisfying and successful.
Today’s episode was inspired by you – my wonderfully fierce feminine leaders listening to this podcast each week. In a recent survey, you asked me to share more tips on how to build and project confidence as well as overcome fears and obstacles you are dealing with in your career.
Ask, and you shall receive!
Today, I want to share with you five tips on how you can stand in your power while ‘plugging up’ various power leaks that you may be experiencing in your journey to becoming a high-achieving female leader.
5 Keys to Standing in Your Power
- Understand that criticism is a compliment.
- Criticism doesn’t mean you are doing something wrong. It just means you are playing a bigger game.
- Take nothing personally.
- When you take things personally, it not only affects you – it affects your family, your business, and your team.
- Learn to work with those you don’t like.
- You don’t have to like everyone, but you do have to be able to work well with everyone.
- Brains don’t compensate for a lack of self-awareness.
- No amount of education or training can compensate for your lack of self-awareness.
- Continue to invest in and deepen your self-awareness.
- Be a fan of humility.
- Your life is the result of your choices.
- Don’t give your power away to someone else. Your life – your career – is the result of your own decisions.
Love the show? Let us know!
Are you a fan of the Fierce Feminine Leadership podcast? If the tips and interviews we share in each episode have helped you gain the confidence and inspiration to become a better, more powerful leader, head on over to iTunes, subscribe to the show and leave us an honest review to let us know!
Are you ready to take the leap and uplevel your career? Apply for our free monthly Power Hour coaching session!
Are you a Fierce Feminine Leader, ready to uplevel their career and take the path less traveled but are feeling stuck? Do you seek personal, one-on-one mentoring to help you jumpstart your career to help you make the journey to becoming a fierce leader? Then, I want to speak with you!
Each month, I offer a complimentary Feminine Leadership Discovery Power Hour Session to my tribe, to help them step into their power, find their ‘power leaks’, and level up in their careers through personalized, one-on-one coaching sessions.
Visit http://www.eleanorbeaton.com/discover and apply today to reserve your session to help you get clear on your vision, set the right career goals, and discover what your next big move should be to achieve the success you deserve! Spots are limited, so ACT FAST!
Hey there, my fierce ones! Today, I want to talk to you about a conversation that came up at a meeting I attended earlier this week with the CEO, partner, and the senior members of a large professional services firm. During this discussion, an interesting topic came up about how women sometimes need to bend – or break – some “corporate” rules, or ideas we perceive as rules, to step into our power and become the successful leaders we know we can be.
I was so inspired by this conversation and realized that many of the women that I work with every day are often feeling governed by a set of rules that may or may not exist in their organization. So I want to discuss briefly with you why it is so important for you to break a rule every now and then so that you can truly step into your incredible potential and lead your team on your terms, without sacrificing what matters most to you.
Here’s a Breakdown of Today’s Episode:
- The key to rising through the ranks in your organization is always to have a voice.
- Step into your power. Take control of your schedule. Don’t be afraid to “break a rule” from time to time to lead your team effectively, but without sacrificing your freedom or what’s important to you.
- Don’ limit yourself – your power – based on a set of rules you created for yourself.
“Sometimes, smart, ambitious women need to break some rules to create the freedom, the impact, and to have the rewards they deserve.” – Eleanor Beaton
My Challenge to You:
Stop worrying about whether you will get into trouble if you step into your power and use your voice. Don’t worry about getting into trouble for setting your own schedule around important things in your life.
Get out there, step into your power, use your voice, and be the ambitious women leader we all know you can be!
Subscribe & Review the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast for a Chance to Win This Month’s Contest!
At the end of each month, one lucky reviewer will win a free private coaching session with me! Are you feeling lucky? Head on over to iTunes, subscribe to the show and leave your honest feedback to enter your name into the contest!