Have you ever been in a meeting where one person takes over simply because they are the strongest, loudest voice in the room? If so, your team may be falling victim to the tyranny of chill. Often, we blame the assertive team member for their role in the team dynamic. In reality, however, situations like these indicate an abdication of power that begins at the leadership level.
Today, I share the detrimental impact of forfeiting your leadership power, in meetings and on a larger scale, and how you can stay on the right path even though the tyranny of chill is human nature. I discuss how the tyranny of chill arises, how it can impede your goals and the importance of expressing your intentions to achieve intentional outcomes. I also highlight a few examples of the tyranny of chill in action and how you start reclaiming your power and your leadership impact.
“When you abdicate power, you lose the connective thread between your vision and your outcome.” – Eleanor Beaton
Today on the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast:
- What the tyranny of chill is and how it is taking over the business world
- How the expectation of being laid-back gets in the way of performance
- How the tyranny of chill can impact you as a leader
- Default outcomes vs. intentional outcomes, and which one the tyranny of chill produces
- A step-by-step analysis of how the tyranny of chill arises
- Examples of the tyranny of chill in action
- How the “strongest voice” and the “squeakiest wheel” play a role
- Owning your power in leadership and what can happen if you don’t
- Why the tyranny of chill is not okay, even if we have become accustomed to it
- The importance of expressing your intentions to get intentional outcomes
- How automation can aid in scaling a business
- Common ways entrepreneurs abdicate their power and why
- The difference between control and power
- A leadership myth when it comes to diving into details
- The responsibility you have for your power and the role of self-care in reclaiming your power as a leader
Join the Fierce Community!
Want even more fierce leadership advice, tips, and training? Join me in the Fierce Feminine Leadership community – the free, invite-only community for fierce, high-level, fierce women entrepreneurs making a huge impact on the world. In this free community, you’ll get ongoing training and interactions with me and my team as well as network and grow your organization with other fierce, like-minded thought-leaders.
If you’re ready to take your business to the next level and network with other high-power thought-leaders, join me in the free Fierce Feminine Leadership community today!