Are you ready to challenge yourself to have more? More success, money, freedom, autonomy, support, and joy? If this is you, then you’re in the right place, and I invite you to listen closely to this week’s episode.
I’m joined this week by bestselling author of Ask for More: 10 Questions to Negotiate Anything, Alex Carter. We’re having a hard-hitting, in-depth conversation around raising the stakes, playing a bigger game, and asking for what you’re really worth.
Alex is a Clinical Professor of Law and Director of the Mediation Clinic at Columbia Law School. She has spent the last eleven years helping Fortune 500 companies, The UN, and thousands of other people negotiate better, build relationships and reach their goals, and she’s here to share her secrets and valuable observations with us.
Tune in this week to discover how to start playing bigger, taking up space, and feel confident doing it. Alex has brought a woman’s voice to the field of negotiation, and she’s here to share how she built her super-successful organic business, her insights on team-building, how she challenges herself and her business, and the unwitting ways in which we play small without realizing.
Today on the Power + Presence + Position Podcast:
- How Alex became a top-ranked law professor and mediation expert at Columbia.
- Why Alex decided the time was right to start publishing books.
- How difficult it was at one stage for Alex to ask for what she needed in her profession.
- What the process of taking six months out to write her book looked like for Alex and why it took drastic circumstances to make it a reality.
- Why it’s not always about asking for more, sometimes it’s about asking for what you’re already owed.
- The importance of giving yourself time to make big decisions from a place of clarity.
- What asking for more looks like as you’re managing increased success and responsibility.
- How Alex has leveraged her network using the lessons she teaches in her book.
- Alex’s advice for any women listening who feel called to start swinging bigger.
- To receive weekly written gold in your inbox, make sure you sign up for my email newsletter.
- Connect with me on LinkedIn.
- Learn how to nail your niche, clarify your message, and scale your business in the Power + Presence + Position Business Accelerator!
- Learn how to build a seven-figure foundation in The Incubator.
- Alex Carter: Website | Instagram | LinkedIn | Twitter | Book
- Difficult Conversations: How to Discuss What Matters Most by Douglas Stone, Bruce Patton, and Sheila Heen
- EP401: Negotiation Secrets – How to Ask for More with Alexandra Carter
- Kris Plachy
- Brandi Bernoskie
- Alchemy + Aim
- Brené Brown
- Byron Katie
- Luvvie Ajayi
Love the show? Let us know!
- Are you a fan of the Power + Presence + Position? If the tips and interviews we share in each episode have helped you gain the confidence and inspiration to become a better, more powerful leader, head on over to Apple Podcasts, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review to let us know!
- What are you waiting for? Head on over to Apple Podcasts, subscribe, and leave a review to enter your name into this month’s drawing!