Our culture tells us from an early age what working with other women and for other women will be like. There can be jealousy, competition, alienation, and more, so beware. This leads to women entering the workforce prepared to be uncomfortable, anticipating the subtle meanness of other women, and some vow to never work for a female boss or be part of an all-female team again.
This is called female rivalry, and it impacts women entrepreneurs too. But female rivalry is complex. It’s hard to put your finger on how it shows up because it’s subtle. Luckily, my guest today specializes in this topic and helping women overcome it.
Dr. Amber Tichenor is a women’s rivalry coach and consultant, and author of the fantastic new book, Behind Frenemy Lines. She’s here to breakdown what female rivalry is, how to recognize it, and how to overcome it. She’s also a graduate of the Power + Presence + Position Business Accelerator, so you know she’s got a lot of wisdom to share.
Listen in this week for an in depth conversation with Dr. Amber Tichenor about female rivalry and the subtle ways it can show up. We’re exploring how the patriarchal system we operate in can be recreated to be more female friendly, how to handle female rivalry in your entrepreneurial journey, and why this elephant in the boardroom needs to be talked about more.
Today on the Power + Presence + Position Podcast:
- Where the notion of female rivalry comes from.
- Dr. Tichenor’s earliest experiences of female rivalry at work.
- How female rivalry shows up for female entrepreneurs.
- What the process of writing a book was like.
- The power of identifying her niche.
- What to do if you are experiencing female rivalry.
- To receive weekly written gold in your inbox, make sure you sign up for my email newsletter.
- Learn how to nail your niche, clarify your message, and scale your business in the Power + Presence + Position Business Accelerator!
- Dr. Amber Tichenor Website | Instagram | LinkedIn
- Preorder Dr. Tichenor’s new book, Behind Frenemy Lines.
Love the show? Let us know!
Are you a fan of the Power + Presence + Position? If the tips and interviews we share in each episode have helped you gain the confidence and inspiration to become a better, more powerful leader, head on over to Apple Podcasts, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review to let us know!
What are you waiting for? Head on over to Apple Podcasts, subscribe, and leave a review to enter your name into this month’s drawing!