Once in a while, I will meet a female entrepreneur and author whose work really strikes me as powerful. It’s not only original, but it’s also practical and useful for other women to discover. When I first met today’s guest, I immediately recognized this in her.
Dr. Valerie Rein is a psychologist, mental health expert, and author of Patriarchy Stress Disorder: The Invisible Barrier to Women’s Happiness and Fulfillment. Valerie’s amazing body of work has the power to shape culture because it is based on her own experience of patriarchal trauma, which we all experience, and how she overcame it.
Now, I know that some of you may be wondering what this topic has to do with entrepreneurship. But this podcast is for women in business, and I am passionate about advancing the conversation around women leaders beyond simply becoming more confident. Today’s conversation checks that box and will be immensely helpful for female founders to hear.
Tune in this week for my conversation with author and psychologist, Dr. Valerie Rein. Valerie shares what Patriarchal Stress Disorder is and how it can show up in women’s lives and businesses. We talk about collective trauma, healing, and embracing all aspects of who we are. This conversation will make you feel seen and heard, and show you how to recognize opportunities so you can step into possibility.
Today on the Power + Presence + Position Podcast:
- How Valerie’s years in therapy didn’t help her.
- The moment she figured out what was actually “wrong” with her.
- What trauma adaptations are and how they show up.
- Why every human experiences trauma.
- How an amazing mentor can hold space for your possibility.
- 3 things women can do right now to start healing the trauma of patriarchy.
- To receive weekly written gold in your inbox, make sure you sign up for my email newsletter.
- Dr. Valerie Rein Website | Book | Book Resources | Podcast | Instagram
- The Thriving Experience Event
Love the show? Let us know!
Are you a fan of the Power + Presence + Position? If the tips and interviews we share in each episode have helped you gain the confidence and inspiration to become a better, more powerful leader, head on over to Apple Podcasts, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review to let us know!
What are you waiting for? Head on over to Apple Podcasts, subscribe, and leave a review to enter your name into this month’s drawing!