Your business doesn’t exist in a vacuum. You’re part of a global supply chain with the team members you employ, the contractors you hire, and the customers from other countries who buy from you. Then there’s the money you take out of your business and spend in your local economy.
As a business owner, you are part of a big global money tapestry called the economy. And learning about that tapestry can help you make better business decisions. Unfortunately, most mainstream economic discussions cater to men and male business owners, leaving women entrepreneurs out.
I have two brilliant guests on the podcast today who share my passion for helping women feel confident joining the conversation around global economics and money. Katrine Marcal is an economist and author, and Linda Davies is a former investment banker turned author. Both have incredibly useful insights on how the world economy has shifted over the last 18 months and how it will continue to shape our businesses over the next two years.
Listen in today to hear my conversation with Katrine and Linda all about the global economy, women’s presence and participation, and how you can feel confident entering the discussion. Discover why it feels so uncomfortable approaching the topic of economics and why your voice matters. We’re sharing how you can start learning about economics today and how doing so will tremendously benefit your business.
Today on the Power + Presence + Position Podcast:
- How women are underserved when it comes to media content about economic issues.
- Why it’s hard to accept women as economic policy makers.
- What inflation is and how it can impact the average female business owner.
- What happens when people start to fear inflation.
- The best way to prepare for inflation and rising interest rates.
- Where to go to learn more about large economic issues.
- To receive weekly written gold in your inbox, make sure you sign up for my email newsletter.
- Learn more how to build a seven-figure foundation in The Incubator.
- If you know you have a message to share but you struggle to share it well, my upcoming workshop Ridiculously Bold, Astoundingly Brazen: How to Command Cash with an Impossible to Copy Marketing Voice is for you. This fun, irreverent, practical, live 90 minute workshop is happening later this month, so click here to sign up.
- Katrine Marcal Website | Instagram | Twitter
- Linda Davies Website | Facebook | Twitter
- 10 Things Everyone Needs to Know About Money by Linda Davies
- Who Cooked Adam Smith’s Dinner? by Katrine Marcel
- Nest of Vipers by Linda Davies
- Anne Boden’s #MakeMoneyEqual Campaign
- EP433: The Coming “Pent Up Cash” Extravaganza
- Why Women Are Poorer Than Men and What We Can Do About It by Annabelle Williams
Love the show? Let us know!
Are you a fan of the Power + Presence + Position? If the tips and interviews we share in each episode have helped you gain the confidence and inspiration to become a better, more powerful leader, head on over to Apple Podcasts, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review to let us know!
What are you waiting for? Head on over to Apple Podcasts, subscribe, and leave a review to enter your name into this month’s drawing!