One of the most powerful questions you can ask yourself about your business is what is most likely to hold me back from achieving my goals this year? This question might not sound like a very positive outlook, but hear me out. Getting clear on the most significant barriers to your growth is supremely powerful.
For almost any entrepreneur and business, the single biggest obstacle you will face is typically overwhelm. We try to branch out into too many areas, provide too many services, or serve too many audiences. It saps our time and energy and rids us of the ability to ready ourselves for future opportunities.
In this podcast, I explore the solution to entrepreneurial overwhelm. I look at how Steve Jobs came back into Apple two months before it declared bankruptcy and pulled it back from the brink. By niching down, he saved a currently multi-trillion dollar business.
Doing less to grow more requires you to retrain your mind. This goes against the “hustle and grind” mentality so many of us grew up with. Niching down is one of the most courageous things you can do as a leader and it’s something you definitely won’t regret. Today, we are looking at how to develop a strategy to help you niche down so you can grab future opportunities.
Today on the Power + Presence + Position Podcast:
- What entrepreneurial overwhelm is.
- How to achieve focus in your business.
- What strategy is and why it is so frequently misunderstood.
- How Steve Jobs and Apple demonstrate the value of niching down.
- Why excess capacity is entrepreneurial gold.
- How niching down can lead to more of everything.
- To receive weekly written gold in your inbox, make sure you sign up for my email newsletter.
- If you’re ready to go from an overworked consultant to CEO with tons of time and money, you have got to join us for our Beyond 1:1 Summit. This 2-day event will teach you exactly how to scale your business beyond you. Click here to join the waitlist!
- Learn more how to build a seven-figure foundation in The Incubator.
- Richard Rumelt
Love the show? Let us know!
Are you a fan of the Power + Presence + Position? If the tips and interviews we share in each episode have helped you gain the confidence and inspiration to become a better, more powerful leader, head on over to Apple Podcasts, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review to let us know!
What are you waiting for? Head on over to Apple Podcasts, subscribe, and leave a review to enter your name into this month’s drawing!