When it comes to personal branding, there is a lot of conventional wisdom, information, and insight floating around the internet. From articles in business magazines and on LinkedIn to professional development workshops, training, and books – there are dozens of “experts” teaching others how to build their personal brand through conventional methods and wisdom. On the surface, most of this advice seems reasonable. However, if you dig a little deeper, you will likely find that the advice and wisdom they share is often counterproductive, ineffective, and even damaging.
On today’s episode, I’m discussing why everything you’ve learned about building your personal brand is wrong. I share the three most common myths about building your personal brand, how believing these myths can actually hold you back from achieving your professional goals, and how they can prevent you from showing up as the strong, confident, fierce feminine leader we know you can be. I also explain why your personal brand should be viewed as the byproduct of your decision to be deliberate and intentional and why the way you present yourself and your brand should reinforce your ideas, values, and mission in this world.
“I wouldn’t be where I am today if I had listened to the bad, but conventional, advice I received about personal branding.” – Eleanor Beaton
Today on the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast:
- The importance of aligning your personal brand with your instincts and values.
- Why building your personal brand is not a “fluff-filled activity.”
- The dangers of taking advice from people with “unconscious competence.”
- Why your reputation is critical to your long-term success.
- Why your presentation should reinforce your ideas.
- Why the idea that your personal brand is your lead indicator is wrong
- The importance of viewing your personal brand as the lag indicator – not the compass.
- Why your brand should be a natural byproduct of you being true to the things that matter most to you.
Top 3 Myths About Personal Branding:
- Don’t build your personal brand.
- Presentation trumps ideas.
- Building a personal brand constricts your freedom of expression and decisiveness.
Fierce Leadership Quotes:
- “Bold presentation is going to be most powerful when it reinforces your ideas.”
- “A brand is a return on investment. It is a lag indicator that you build from being intentional about your values, what you bring to the world, and the contribution you want to make.”
- Don’t lead with brand. Brand is the afterglow. Action and intention are the things that are going to get you where you want to go.”
Triple Down on Your Personal Brand
Are you ready to grow your business, increase your impact, and build a powerhouse personal brand? Learn how to build a powerhouse personal brand that can help you open new doors of opportunities for your business and career. Grab our free whitepaper: 7 Unconventional Strategies to Build Your Personal Brand. Head over to EleanorBeaton.com/Brand to grab your copy of this powerful whitepaper and begin your journey to impact the world!
Grab Your Ticket to the Power. Presence. Position. 3-Day Workshop!
Are you ready to ramp up your leadership skills, have more confidence in your instincts, cope with criticism and lead with conviction? Are you ready to unleash your inner-CEO and authentically position yourself in a category of ONE? Join me in Toronto, Canada on November 2-4 for the Power. Presence. Position. Workshop – the 3-day workshop designed to help you up-level your power, presence, and position within your business or organization.
Dial Up Your Impact, Influence, and Income in 2018
Are you ready to take your leadership and influence to the next level in 2018? Join the Impact & Influence Leadership Lab for Women with Eleanor Beaton – the world’s premier leadership training and implementation program designed specifically for female leaders! This is a 8-week mentoring program for professional, ambitious women in business who are ready to take their leadership skills to the next level and truly step into their power. Visit the Leadership Lab for Women website to see all of the amazing content, tools, and services you will receive by registering today to claim your seat at the table!
Love the show? Let us know!
Are you a fan of the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast? If the tips and interviews we share in each episode have helped you gain the confidence and inspiration to become a better, more powerful leader, head on over to iTunes, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review to let us know! Each month, one lucky podcast reviewer will be selected to receive a free coaching session with me – Eleanor Beaton!
What are you waiting for? Head on over to iTunes, subscribe and leave a review to enter your name into this month’s drawing!
And, if you really want to ramp up your fierceness…
Reach out to us for a free 30-minute Bold Women in Business Makeover Session with me or one of the fabulous coaches on my team!
Explore your path and discover how you can be the fiercest lady-boss possible. Visit EleanorBeaton.com/discover.