In our last episode, I spoke with Joan Michelson of Green Connections Radio. She brought up a fascinating topic about the differences between how women support other women in business compared to the ways men support other people in business. This discussion led me to evaluate how the women within my own network have supported me through various business ventures, as well as how the men in my network have shown their support. One thing that I have found interesting during this evaluation was that women typically demonstrate their support through emotional support while men will often support you through practical support.
In this episode, I share with you the reasons why many women in business often tend to stick with emotional support, and why they need to step out of their comfort zone, step into their power, and help other women in business through practical support strategies.
Here’s a Breakdown of Today’s Show:
- Women are more likely to offer emotional support to other women in business while men often offer practical support.
- Women need more than just emotional support to help us step into our economic power. We need practical support and access to professional networks.
- One of the main reasons women do not offer practical support to other women is often because they do not realize their power. The first step to stepping into your power is to understand that you have it and realize that your biggest source of power is the relationships you have built.
“Business & success are like a river – they’ve gotta flow. If you treat your success like a pond, it will just get stuck.” – Eleanor Beaton
My Challenge to You:
It’s time to start “walking the talk,” ladies. Continue to offer emotional support to the women in business, but step it up a notch and also offer practical support! Here are two tips that you can use to offer practical support to other women in business:
- Find ways to make powerful introductions to key business partners, clients, and customers.
- Identify people in your network that would be a good supplier to someone else, then introduce them.
Subscribe to and Review the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast for a Chance to Win This Month’s Contest!
At the end of each month, one lucky reviewer will win a free private coaching session with me! Are you feeling lucky? Head on over to iTunes, subscribe to the show and leave your honest feedback to enter your name into the contest!