Originally from Romania, Marinela Tudoran is the Managing Director of the Global Markets Technology division at Credit Suisse. Initially working in academia in Europe, Marinela accepted a job offer in the IT field in Japan and later joined Credit Suisse in Tokyo. She currently lives in New York where she manages a team of brilliant people working in the different parts of the world. She is also Co-President of the Women’s Bond Club, a group established in 1921 and the first of its kind in supporting women in finance and technology careers.
Marinela joins me today to share the values, risks, and benefits of exploring career paths abroad, and the mindset and behaviors that led her to grow and succeed in her career. She also shares why the transition from working behind the scenes to motivating people in the front lines is the biggest challenge for her and how she overcame it.
“It’s the wish list versus the battlefield where you’ll have to do whatever it takes to get things done.” – Marinela Tudoran
Today on the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast:
- Strategies to acquire the qualitative experience and get results
- The most significant turning point in her career that got her a seat at the table
- The advantage of being a new member of the team
- Barriers and challenges she had to overcome
- The significance of getting out of your comfort zone and its connection to career advancement
- Lessons from overcoming gender bias while working in a different culture
- Why she gets inspired by Margaret Thatcher
- Her top three success factors
Marinela’s Advice for Fierce Feminine Leaders:
- Care about and like what you do.
- Be competitive and make the most out of every experience.
- Be yourself and stand up for what you believe.
- Trust yourself. Encourage people. Take risks.
- Stay positive no matter what.
Dial Up Your Impact, Influence, and Income in 2017
Are you ready to take your leadership and influence to the next level in 2018? Join the Impact & Influence Leadership Lab for Women with Eleanor Beaton – the world’s premier leadership training and implementation program designed specifically for female leaders! This is an 8-week mentoring program for professional, ambitious women in business who are ready to take their leadership skills to the next level and truly step into their power. Visit the Leadership Lab for Women website to see all of the amazing content, tools, and services you will receive by registering today to claim your seat at the table!
Love the show? Let us know!
Are you a fan of the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast? If the tips and interviews we share in each episode have helped you gain the confidence and inspiration to become a better, more powerful leader, head on over to iTunes, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review to let us know! Each month, one lucky podcast reviewer will be selected to receive a free coaching session with me – Eleanor Beaton!
What are you waiting for? Head on over to iTunes, subscribe and leave a review to enter your name into this month’s drawing!
And, if you really want to ramp up your fierceness…
Reach out to us for a free 30-minute Bold Women in Business Makeover Session with me or one of the fabulous coaches on my team!
Explore your path and discover how you can be the fiercest lady-boss possible. Visit EleanorBeaton.com/Discover.