Welcome back to the Fierce Feminine Podcast! On today’s episode, I will discuss the “dirty little secret” of working mothers: Working Mom Guilt. Working Mom Guilt has a nasty habit of reaching virtually every working mother. I have worked with dozens of working mothers; every single one of them have expressed, at one point or another, that they have experienced Working Mom Guilt at some point in their career. So, today I will share some tips with you on ways you can cope with the monster of Working Mom Guilt.
- Know and Understand that You’re in Good Company
- Remember that you are not alone! There are a lot of
successful working moms feeling Working Mom Guilt.
- Go for Good Enough
- Release your intention and need to be a perfect parent.
- Lower your “mom standards” from being perfect to being “good enough.”
- Expect Working Mom Guilt to Go for the Jugular
- Anticipate and prepare for Working Mom Guilt.
- Realize you can’t be in two places at once – and that’s okay!
- Notice the feelings of Working Mom Guilt and tell yourself this: “Oh! I’m experiencing Working Mom Guilt. My ego must be believing a story about what it means to be a perfect mother. How interesting?”
- Observe your thoughts and feelings about Working Mom Guilt – but don’t invest in them.
- Quality, Not Quantity
- Remember: distraction is the enemy of joy!
- Take time at the end of your workday to decompress.
- Give Yourself Permission to “Let It
- Give yourself permission to “let go” of Working Mom Guilt.
- Remember: guilt is not a constructive or useful emotion!
The world needs more examples of how women can be a successful working mother – juggling work life and family life – and doing it
Be the example of a bold woman leader.
Want more tips?
Want more advice on how you can be a Fierce Feminine leader?
Visit my website!