Following a discussion from Episode 29 with best-selling author, Linda Davies, today I would like to dive a little deeper into the “women and risks” topic and talk about mitigating risks. Ladies, do you know what your $10,000 per hour tasks are? Out of everything that you have to do each and every day to build and maintain your businesses or your career, what are some of the most valuable tasks that you need to complete each day to continually advance in your career or industry?
We all have them. The problem often resides in identifying those top value tasks that are imperative to developing our careers, growing our businesses, or stepping into our roles as Fierce Feminine Leaders. So, today I am going to share with you some examples of my $20, $100, $1,000, and $10,000 tasks that are relevant to my business and explain why each of these tasks provide different levels of importance and urgency throughout my company’s growth.
Here’s a Breakdown of Today’s Show:
- How identifying your $10k tasks can help you mitigate risks in your business, organization, or career.
- What are $10k tasks and why you should focus more on these tasks than the $20 or $100 ones?
- What does it mean to “close the loop?”
“Don’t leave a meeting with a foggy idea on how you will follow-up with that person. Close the loop.”
Here’s a Few Examples of My $20 Tasks:
- Scheduling appointments with clients
- Filing papers
- Going to the Post Office
- Creating and scheduling Social Media posts
Here’s a Few Examples of My $100 Tasks:
- Creating content, images, & uploading videos to my YouTube channel, as well as making sure each video is tagged correctly.
- Creating spreadsheets
- Creating and distributing posters
Anything under $200 tasks are in the red. These tasks cost a business or organization money with no direct link to a company’s revenue.” – Eleanor Beaton
Here’s a Few Examples of My $10,000 Tasks:
- Strategic planning
- Copywriting, creating advertising and marketing campaigns
- Developing professional relationships
- Having sales conversations
- Public speaking engagements
“$10k tasks are tasks that are at the top of the value chain. They are tasks that have a direct impact on a company’s return on investment.” – Eleanor Beaton
My Challenge to You:
Determine what your $10k tasks are for your business or career. What are the tasks that you handle each and every day that significantly impact your company’s revenue?
Although smaller tasks do play a significant role in an organization’s survival, top value tasks – the $10k tasks – have a direct link to your company’s growth and revenue. These tasks should be made a high priority for your organization.
Subscribe & Review the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast for a Chance to Win This Month’s Contest!
At the end of each month, one lucky reviewer will win a free private coaching session with me! Are you feeling lucky? Head on over to iTunes, subscribe to the show and leave your honest feedback to enter your name into the contest!