Gina Jeneroux is the Chief Learning Officer at BMO Financial Group where she is responsible for leading the company’s enterprise learning strategy, design, operations, and governance. Additionally, she manages the company’s corporate university, the Institute for Learning in Toronto, as well as various learning sites throughout Montreal and Chicago. She is passionate about storytelling and how it can be used to make learning exciting.
Gina joins me today to share her insight on how to successfully lead a diverse team and develop a culture of learning in the workplace. She shares why storytelling is so valuable as well as three actionable steps for harnessing the power of stories. She also explains how she remains grounded as a leader and shares success strategies for building a career inside a large company.
“As a leader, it’s really important to be authentic, and to be vulnerable, and to be human. I think if you’re able to tap into that focus on storytelling, it makes it so much easier to be yourself and to show up in the way that you want to.” – Gina Jeneroux
Today on the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast:
- What her personal experiences have taught her about the importance of learning and how people learn.
- The benefits of working with a diverse team.
- Why effective storytelling is so important when it comes to learning and teaching new skills.
- Tips for executives and entrepreneurs who want to improve their storytelling skills.
- The importance of learning story structure.
- Why it is so important to get inside the mind of your audience.
- How she shifted from a contributor to a strategic leadership role.
- Why sharing stories help cultivate confidence and conviction in the value of what you are saying.
- How storytelling can help you show up as the leader you want to be.
- Tips for effectively leading diverse teams.
- How having space to experiment, innovate, and collaborate leads to a stronger team.
- The importance of making people feel trusted and empowered at work.
- The lesson she is learning about letting go and giving employees the space to shine.
- Why it is important to tap into what makes someone unique and celebrate that.
- How she cultivates and maintains her groundedness as a leader.
- How her natural curiosity helps keep her grounded when things go wrong.
- Her insights on what it takes to inspire, support, and nurture the next generation of learners and employees in large organizations.
- How to equip people now for skills they will need in the future as the nature of work continues to change.
- The importance of creating a culture of learning.
- Success strategies for building a career inside a large company.
- The most important shift she made to move from having an impact one-on-one or in small groups to creating impact at scale.
Gina Jeneroux’s 3 Steps to Harness the Power of Stories:
- Focus on the audience.
- Identify what success looks like in every situation.
- Think about the story you need to tell that links the audience to that success.
Fierce Leadership Quotes:
- “I think that if you’ve had a really eclectic background and you’re always jumping in to work with people who have very different backgrounds from you, it means that you’re actually coming to better solutions and you’re thinking about things differently. And I think it shakes things up in a really positive, healthy way.” – Gina Jeneroux
- “Curiosity helps you be a little bit more grounded and a little bit more zen about the things that will work out phenomenally and the things that won’t.” – Gina Jeneroux
- “It’s not just about learning for their job or learning for their career, but even encouraging them to learn for their passions because I think passion is really critical in how you’re able to engage with people.” – Gina Jeneroux
Connect with Gina Jeneroux:
Join the Exclusive Incubator Program!
Are you ready to build, leverage, and scale your business to the next level? Ready to maximize your leadership skills and grow your business to 7-figures and beyond? Join our Incubator Program – the 12-month high-octane program that blends leadership strategy, accountability, and business building support to help you propel your business to the next level and increase your earning power. Head over to EleanorBeaton.com to learn more about The Incubator Program and submit your application today!
Triple Down on Your Personal Brand
Are you ready to grow your business, increase your impact, and build a powerhouse personal brand? Learn how to build a powerhouse personal brand that can help you open new doors of opportunities for your business and career. Grab our free whitepaper: 7 Unconventional Strategies to Build Your Personal Brand. Head over to EleanorBeaton.com/Brand to grab your copy of this powerful whitepaper and begin your journey to impact the world!
Grab Your Ticket to the Power. Presence. Position. 3-Day Workshop!
Are you ready to ramp up your leadership skills, have more confidence in your instincts, cope with criticism and lead with conviction? Are you ready to unleash your inner-CEO and authentically position yourself in a category of ONE? Join me in Toronto, Canada on November 2-4 for the Power. Presence. Position. Workshop – the 3-day workshop designed to help you up-level your power, presence, and position within your business or organization.
Dial-Up Your Impact, Influence, and Income in 2018
Are you ready to take your leadership and influence to the next level in 2018? Join the Impact & Influence Leadership Lab for Women with Eleanor Beaton – the world’s premier leadership training and implementation program designed specifically for female leaders! This is an 8-week mentoring program for professional, ambitious women in business who are ready to take their leadership skills to the next level and truly step into their power. Visit the Leadership Lab for Women website to see all of the amazing content, tools, and services you will receive by registering today to claim your seat at the table!
Love the show? Let us know!
Are you a fan of the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast? If the tips and interviews we share in each episode have helped you gain the confidence and inspiration to become a better, more powerful leader, head on over to iTunes, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review to let us know! Each month, one lucky podcast reviewer will be selected to receive a free coaching session with me – Eleanor Beaton!
What are you waiting for? Head on over to iTunes, subscribe and leave a review to enter your name into this month’s drawing!
And, if you really want to ramp up your fierceness…
Reach out to us for a free 30-minute Bold Women in Business Makeover Session with me or one of the fabulous coaches on my team!
Explore your path and discover how you can be the fiercest lady-boss possible. Visit EleanorBeaton.com/discover.