Chris Cebollero is an internationally recognized leadership expert, keynote speaker, and the Senior Partner at Cebollero & Associates, a consulting firm focused on helping individuals and organizations transform their leadership teams through leadership development, coaching, sales force training, and organizational process improvements. He is the bestselling author of the Ultimate Success: Strategic Leadership Excellence book as well as the Ultimate Leadership: 10 Rules for Success and a Forbes contributing author. Additionally, he is an official member of the Forbes Coaches Council as well as a member of the John Maxwell Team.
Chris joins me today to discuss the value of being open to making mistakes as an organizational leader. He explains why making mistakes is critical for personal and professional development, how organizations can encourage a culture of making mistakes, and where to draw the line between encouraging a mistake-making culture and keeping your team accountable. He also explains why allowing your team to make mistakes and failures is important to your company’s growth, creativity, and innovation and why leaders should be willing to embrace their mistakes and failures as well as share them with their workforce.
“We’ve got to wrap our head around the fact that mistakes are what helps us grow; failure is what helps us grow. We need that education to become the best that we can be.” – Chris Cebollero
Today on the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast:
- The importance of learning from mistakes and failures.
- Drawing the line between accountability and building a culture that encourages making mistakes.
- How having a culture that encourages mistakes and failures inspires creativity and innovation.
- The importance of frequently communicating with your team – especially during a crisis.
- The importance of sharing your message with your team.
- Mistakes he has made throughout his career.
- The importance of personal and professional development for organizational leaders.
- The importance of a vision statement and why you need to share it with your workforce.
- How his experience as a leader in the U.S. Air Force impacted his leadership skills.
- How embracing and sharing your mistakes and failures with your team can impact your organization’s culture.
- Leadership lessons he has learned as a First Responder.
- His definition of leadership.
Fierce Leadership Quotes:
- “Accountability and creating a culture of mistakes and failures are on two different spectrums.” – Chris Cebollero
- “Success doesn’t happen by chance. Your vision statement is your blueprint and framework to start your process of organizational success.” – Chris Cebollero
- “Leadership is about action.” – Chris Cebollero
Connect with Chris Cebollero:
Triple Down on Your Personal Brand
Are you ready to grow your business, increase your impact, and build a powerhouse personal brand? Learn how to build a powerhouse personal brand that can help you open new doors of opportunities for your business and career. Grab our free whitepaper: 7 Unconventional Strategies to Build Your Personal Brand. Head over to EleanorBeaton.com/Brand to grab your copy of this powerful whitepaper and begin your journey to impact the world!
Grab Your Ticket to the Power. Presence. Position. 3-Day Workshop!
Are you ready to ramp up your leadership skills, have more confidence in your instincts, cope with criticism and lead with conviction? Are you ready to unleash your inner-CEO and authentically position yourself in a category of ONE? Join me in Toronto, Canada on November 2-4 for the Power. Presence. Position. Workshop – the 3-day workshop designed to help you up-level your power, presence, and position within your business or organization.
Dial Up Your Impact, Influence, and Income in 2018
Are you ready to take your leadership and influence to the next level in 2018? Join the Impact & Influence Leadership Lab for Women with Eleanor Beaton – the world’s premier leadership training and implementation program designed specifically for female leaders! This is a 8-week mentoring program for professional, ambitious women in business who are ready to take their leadership skills to the next level and truly step into their power. Visit the Leadership Lab for Women website to see all of the amazing content, tools, and services you will receive by registering today to claim your seat at the table!
Love the show? Let us know!
Are you a fan of the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast? If the tips and interviews we share in each episode have helped you gain the confidence and inspiration to become a better, more powerful leader, head on over to iTunes, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review to let us know! Each month, one lucky podcast reviewer will be selected to receive a free coaching session with me – Eleanor Beaton!
What are you waiting for? Head on over to iTunes, subscribe and leave a review to enter your name into this month’s drawing!
And, if you really want to ramp up your fierceness…
Reach out to us for a free 30-minute Bold Women in Business Makeover Session with me or one of the fabulous coaches on my team!
Explore your path and discover how you can be the fiercest lady-boss possible. Visit EleanorBeaton.com/discover.