Born in Scotland and growing up as a shy girl in British Columbia, Mari Smith is now one of the world-renowned experts on Facebook and social media and has been coined the “Queen of Facebook.” With a passion for both people and technology, she provides training and consulting services to entrepreneurs and businesses through her digital marketing agency. She is the author of the book The New Relationship Marketing and the co-author of Facebook Marketing: An Hour A Day. Additionally, she is a sought-after international speaker and trainer, an expert in hosting webinars and live video broadcasts as well as a brand ambassador for numerous global brands.
Mari joins me today to share her journey of growing up in British Columbia to currently living in San Diego and how she built an enviable Facebook empire. She shares her insights on the recent Facebook issue on privacy breaches and the driving force that allowed her to build authority. She also shares why she is known as the Queen of Facebook and the Queen of Relationships as well as the difference between relationship marketing and traditional marketing strategies.
“We have to be more responsible – as users, as citizens, as consumers – because everything we do online leaves an online footprint.” – Mari Smith
Today on the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast:
- How Mari’s father influenced her to be the leader that she is today
- The turning point that led her to leave Scotland and go to San Diego
- Where her quest for financial independence took her
- How she encountered Facebook and what attracted her to it
- How the connections on Facebook inspired her to tell the world about its excellent potential
- What Radical Strategic Visibility is
- What Proximity Partners are and what they do
- The significance of self-care and talking to your inner child
- Being led and trusting versus pushing and doing
- How she maintains her focus even with Facebook continuously changing and evolving
- Relationship Marketing versus Traditional Marketing
Mari’s Advice for Fierce Feminine Leaders:
- Get the right mentors. Make sure who you’re associating with is lifting you up.
- You have got to pick one thing, go with it, and keep at it.
Connect with Mari Smith:
Fierce Leadership Quotes:
- “You have got your part to play in this world. There’s a purpose for your life. Nobody can fulfill it.”
- “The definition of luck is when preparation meets opportunity.”
- “As we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others to do the same.”
Book, Strategize, and Soar!
Grab the opportunity to map out a strategic vision for your company and your career! Only two days left for VIP Strategy Days! Register at EleanorBeaton.com today for a chance to work with me one on one and face to face with the same goal in mind — making your business soar.
Love the show? Let us know!
Are you a fan of the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast? If the tips and interviews we share in each episode have helped you gain the confidence and inspiration to become a better, more powerful leader, head on over to iTunes, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review to let us know! Each month, one lucky podcast reviewer will be selected to receive a free coaching session with me – Eleanor Beaton!
What are you waiting for? Head on over to iTunes, subscribe and leave a review to enter your name into this month’s drawing!
And, if you really want to ramp up your fierceness…
Reach out to us for a free 30-minute Bold Women in Business Makeover Session with me or one of the fabulous coaches on my team!
Explore your path and discover how you can be the fiercest lady-boss possible. Visit EleanorBeaton.com/discover.