Christine Cooper is the Head of the Canadian Corporate Finance Division for BMO Financial Group and is known to develop and lead high-performing teams. She is customer-focused and a trusted advisor to her clients. Christine is also a speaker and fundraiser who supports community organizations by playing an active role as a board member.
Christine joins me today to share how authenticity, openness, and transparency play a role in having a big career in a big company. She shares how to build strong teams and culture inside organizations, the significance of having diversity around leadership, and the importance of growing your network and expanding your skill set in preparation for that significant career move.
“A couple of things that I found that has always been helpful is being authentic, being myself, and asking lots of different questions.” – Christine Cooper
Today on the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast:
- Being task-oriented vs. outcome-oriented
- How to quickly gain new trust when working with a new team
- Why Christine makes time to meet with her team individually and in a group setting
- Practical strategies and efforts for team building
- How she balances the need to be alone to think things through while making herself available to the team members
- Decisions that have been fundamental to her success in a big company
- Why it’s essential to be willing to make lateral moves
- Strategies she uses to become more effective in meetings
- How to increase visibility in the workplace
Christine’s Advice on Fierce Feminine Leaders:
- To build your team, remember that people need to have fun, especially if you’re working in a formal environment.
- If you can, don’t micromanage but make yourself available to your team members whenever necessary.
- Try new things and challenge yourself.
- Be willing to make lateral moves.
- Build relationships outside your own area.
Connect with Christine Cooper:
Grab Your Daily Dose of Productivity Hack!
Are you interested in productivity tips and hacks so you can work efficiently and productively? Follow me on Instagram and get a daily dose of useful resources and behind-the-scene tips and strategies to help you be more effective so you can accomplish more while working smarter, not harder.
Dial Up Your Impact, Influence, and Income in 2018
Are you ready to take your leadership and influence to the next level in 2018? Join the Impact & Influence Leadership Lab for Women with Eleanor Beaton – the world’s premier leadership training and implementation program designed specifically for female leaders! This is a 8-week mentoring program for professional, ambitious women in business who are ready to take their leadership skills to the next level and truly step into their power. Visit the Leadership Lab for Women website to see all of the amazing content, tools, and services you will receive by registering today to claim your seat at the table!
Love the show? Let us know!
Are you a fan of the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast? If the tips and interviews we share in each episode have helped you gain the confidence and inspiration to become a better, more powerful leader, head on over to iTunes, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review to let us know! Each month, one lucky podcast reviewer will be selected to receive a free coaching session with me – Eleanor Beaton!
What are you waiting for? Head on over to iTunes, subscribe and leave a review to enter your name into this month’s drawing!
And, if you really want to ramp up your fierceness…
Reach out to us for a free 30-minute Bold Women in Business Makeover Session with me or one of the fabulous coaches on my team!
Explore your path and discover how you can be the fiercest lady-boss possible. Visit EleanorBeaton.com/discover.