Kishau Rogers started her career as a programmer 24 years ago. Today, she is a serial technology entrepreneur and the CEO of Websmith Studio, Inc., a company that develops software for its partner organizations worldwide. Kishau is an active advisory board member of the Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) School of Engineering and WAAW Foundation. She has been honored with the Wells Fargo STEM Award and the Lyn McDermid Community Impact Award and spends her time building her tribe and working on tech projects that can solve real problems.
Kishau joins me on today’s episode to share her mission to make thinking sexy again by applying computer science thinking principles as tools in building real solutions that matter. She talks about how leaders can effectively wrangle with complexity by hiring thinkers as well as her insights on the power of building tribes with the latter being the key to unlocking true diversity and inclusion, not only in the workplace but also in the world.
“If people help you define it, then they own it with you.” – Kishau Rogers
Today on the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast:
- The critical elements of keeping women in STEM
- The “secret sauce” that allowed her to thrive in the industry
- When she realized she needed more thinkers in her group
- The advantages of having thinkers in the team
- What a “tribe” is
- How to start building a tribe
- Where things go wrong when creating a team
- What triggered her to start her own company
- How she developed the discipline to restructure the business and do what she’s good at
- How the business shifted when she restructured her organization
- Why scaling and having big ideas you can’t execute are the biggest challenges for her
- What gave her the desire to open another startup business
Kishau’s Advice for Fierce Feminine Leaders:
- You have to be clear about what you’re good at, what you can offer, and what people need.
- Resourcefulness gives you creativity and helps you figure out how to stay alive.
- Be transparent and clear on outcomes.
Connect with Kishau Rogers:
Find Your Voice. Change Your World!
Do you want to be a confident, influential leader that others highly look up to and promote in your industry? If you aspire to have your voice and your message heard as a respected influencer, do not miss this 3-day leadership retreat Your Million Dollar Message: Find Your Voice, Craft Your Strategy, Change the World that’s happening on March 23, 2018 in Phoenix, Arizona! Grab your tickets today by registering at YourMillionDollarMessageRetreat.com.
Love the show? Let us know!
Are you a fan of the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast? If the tips and interviews we share in each episode have helped you gain the confidence and inspiration to become a better, more powerful leader, head on over to iTunes, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review to let us know! Each month, one lucky podcast reviewer will be selected to receive a free coaching session with me – Eleanor Beaton!
What are you waiting for? Head on over to iTunes, subscribe and leave a review to enter your name into this month’s drawing!
And, if you really want to ramp up your fierceness…
Reach out to us for a free 30-minute Bold Women in Business Makeover Session with me or one of the fabulous coaches on my team!
Explore your path and discover how you can be the fiercest lady-boss possible. Visit EleanorBeaton.com/Discover.