On today’s episode of Fierce Feminine Leadership…
It took less than 2 years for CEO and Founder of BikiniLuxe, Candice Galek to parlay her experience as a swimsuit model into a thriving multimillion dollar online swimwear business. What started as a tiny startup on her living room table in Miami Beach, FL is now a global powerhouse business with a team of 40 members worldwide and quarter million social media followers.
From the onset of BikiniLuxe, Candice realized she needed to leverage her wealth of knowledge about the swimsuit industry as well as the connections she had made during her modeling career to get BikiniLuxe off the ground. That coupled with her strong skillset in sales and customer relations laid the foundation for her success.
More about BikiniLuxe
- They sell over 4000 swimwear products for women and men through the site.
- Most of the brands represented on the site have demonstrated a corporate social responsibility in which they give back to the community.
- Entering into their third year they’ll hit $5 million in sales.
Candice’s Advice to Entrepreneurs…
- Be open to new ideas and push the boundaries
- Leverage your connections to gain legitimate information and to gain new connections
- When making connections make the highest connection you can possibly reach.
- Don’t spend too much time on one thing.- pitch 20 people rather than spending a lot of time on one person
- Look to large scale businesses to see what they are doing wrong and try and do it better
- Be persistent
- “Don’t spend your time or money on being boring.”
Candice on embracing controversy and being galvanizing in expressing your views.
- Attention spans are short- people are one click away from scrolling by you and your content. Controversy can help keep people focused on you and your message.
- Controversy can be leveraged into massive social media reach.
Connect with Candice
Serious in taking your own career to the next level?
Go to http://www.eleanorbeaton.com/successpack to download our Success Pack. You’ll get access to my Ee-book Success Secrets of Bold Women in Business as well as 4 interview recordings with powerhouse women in business who will help you advance your career.